March 23, 2013

Mount Faber - Slope Training in the Heart of City


Glorious Sunrise from Mt Faber
This week, we decided to do a crazy run.

Seah Im Market car park => Mount Faber => Henderson Wave => Hort park => breakfast at Seah Im market.

We managed to trick the ladies into thinking that it will be an "easy" run.
The run began with a long flight of steps to the top of Mount Faber.
Than a hilly run along the edge of Mount Faber, with the sun rising lazily over the mega structures of the Central Business District.


Cutting through a flight of steep and uneven steps, we reached the entrance of Henderson Wave.
The steps up to Mt Faber from Seah Imm CP
Steep run ahead!
Looks like a good place to chill at night
Long flight of steps down!
Entrance of Henderson Waves
By the time I cut through the elevated bridge of the Henderson Wave, I was pretty winded. Big Bone Guy and Friend went ahead towards Telok Blangah Park while I decided to turn and make my way downhill.
Meanwhile, the ladies were nowhere to be seen. I hope we do not need to alert the police to look for them. Probably they were already back at the hawker center.....
Running along Keppel Road, I made my way back to Seah Imm Food Center.
By than,I have decided that Hill Running is not my cup of tea.... For now. Better stick to flat ground!
And yes, the ladies were back at the market sipping ice cold beverages.

Upward run on Henderson Wave
Glorious Morning View from Henderson Wave
The map layout of the whole area
Introduction to Henderson Wave
Making my way back along Keppel Road




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accolades

Powered by Blogger.